I have finally finished hewing out the basic shape of the main mast with the foremast pole in line. The whole process took about 14 or so hours done over 4 days. The main delay is weather as I wait for a few days of sun / no rain to work on the poles.
I’m not due to start again for another 4 days due to a series of showery days ahead.
To finish the poles I will need to power plane, belt sand, linseed oil, and fit the masthead crane complete with blocks and rope. The crane has yet to be fabricated.
I have ordered all the canvas, grommets, thread and basting tape from saibrite. It’s due to arrive next week.